Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Blessing of Sacrifice ~Part 2 of The Price of Success by Christine Lindsay

Christine Lindsay
The winter has passed since I wrote Part 1 of my article on being a workaholic and that I was going to change. That blog post sounded like I was giving up my long-awaited writing career for love.  Sounds romantic. But I will affirm that six months later I am sticking to my commitment to put my relationships above that of my writing. Not an easy thing when you consider that since I wrote Part 1 my career seems to have taken some large leaps forward.

When I wrote that I planned on spending more alone time with my husband I didn’t realize that a few months later I would be accepting the position as Vice President of Christian Authors’ Network. An honor, a privilege, and lots, lots more work helping other authors network to promote their work. This new position is increasing my visibility as a writer.

Yet it came after a time of deep prayer because I am still committed to that alone time with my husband...that coffee-shopping time with my mother...some fun time with my grandkids...that time in prayer.

At the moment I am under the gun to meet the deadline for my next book, Veiled at Midnight to end my historical series Twilight of the British Raj. End of April is approaching for that deadline. But the plan is, after I meet that date to slow down, pack up the trailer, and head to the hills. Write only a few hours, and devote the rest of the day to my husband in walks, playing together with the dog, cooking the fish he catches, playing board games in the evening.

It puzzles me that after I made this commitment to put others first, that the very thing I was willing to sacrifice is the thing that God blessed.

Is it a formula?

No. For the moment you try to make it one, your defeat yourself.

Only when I decided to truly put the thing I loved on the altar, was willing to set the match to the kindling did the Lord step in and douse the flames before they flickered.

So, my career is still on. But His whisper on my soul as I pray each day is, Keep true to your promise child. I am watching, and I will bless as I see fit.

Dora here. Christine packs the camper and heads to the hills with hubby to renew her commitment to him and their marriage. What's your favorite way to unwind with your spouse? How do you balance writing and family?


Purchase Christine's Books
ABOUT CHRISTINE LINDSAY:
Christine Lindsay was born in Ireland, and is proud of the fact that she was once patted on the head by Prince Philip when she was a baby. Her great grandfather, and her grandfather—yes father and son—were both riveters on the building of the Titanic. Tongue in cheek, Christine states that as a family they accept no responsibility for the sinking of that great ship.

It was stories of her ancestors who served in the British Cavalry in Colonial India that inspired her Multi-award-winning, historical series Twilight of the British Raj. Book 1 Shadowed in Silk, Book 2 Captured by Moonlight, and Christine is currently writing the final installment of that series called Veiled at Midnight to be released August 2014.
Londonderry Dreaming, Christine’s romance novella set in N. Ireland released Feb. 21, 2014.

Aside from being a busy writer and speaker, Christine is also VP of Christian Authors’ Network. She makes her home in British Columbia, on the west coast of Canada with her husband and their grown up family. Her cat Scottie is chief editor on all Christine’s books.

CONNECT WITH CHRISTINE:
Please drop by Christine’s website http://www.christinelindsay.com/ or follow her on Twitter and be her friend on Pinterest , Facebook  and  Goodreads.